We Minimize the Impact
of the Operations & Improve strength Efficiency
Royal Kongo Gold’s recognizes that environmental performance is a critical component of our business, we minimizing our impact, reducing our consumption of non-renewable energy, and making all of our operations more energy efficient. Royal Kongo Gold’s commitment is to not only maintain but enhance our ‘licence to operate’ and our goal is to go beyond compliance and adopt a leading practice approach.
Royal Kongo Gold is committed to monitoring and managing the environmental impacts of our activities to secure a sustainable environmental future for communities surrounding our sites, even after our operations cease.
- Comply fully with all applicable environmental legal requirements and regulations.
- Manage environmental risks on a site-specific basis to achieve planned environmental outcomes
- Identify the potential environmental risks and impact of our activities at an early stage, from project design through to aspects relating to rehabilitation and mine closure.
- Inform and consult with the community about Newcrest’s activities and projects
- Continually strive to improve overall environmental performance
Preserving and protecting biodiversity is a strategic helps to shape Royal Kongo Gold’s business strategy. Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Standard: sets out the principles of assessing the environmental and social impact of a project and determines a step-by-step approach to assess it accordingly.
Together with the partnership in DRCongo, we played a central role in efforts to reintroduce agriculture in the region, an endangered species. We also partnered with the Official University of Bukavu and ISDER to launch the Biodiversity Conservation Plan.